Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 08, 2006

    Mmm...the "boob tube!"

    I admit it. I could sit all day flipping through the channels of the tv. I would be content to watch pointless daytime television, sitcom reruns, and random movies "made-for" and not "made-for" television. Why? Who knows! My mom hates it. She always harrassed me about wasting time watching the "boob tube," apparently a term for the television from before my time.

    All in all, I try not to get absorbed in the black hole pumping weak storylines and wretched reality shows into my head. BUT, I have a few favorites that I have to watch. The top of my list...(drumroll please)...Gilmore Girls!

    There is just something about the charcter interaction and the quality of comedy. I admit; I have a college degree. But still, I miss half the jokes because they're so quick witted and deep with culture and arts. Despite the sometimes challenging quips, the storyline always seems to keep my attention. As with most good daytime or primetime soap operas, whomever you want to get together never does, but when they do, something else in the happy virtual universe goes awry.

    Here's my concern: the WB is going away. What will happen to my Gilmore Girls? my Lorelai and Rory? my Dragonfly Inn? my reason to scream at my sister when she doesn't remember to tape it?

    If you have the answers, please let me know. As the sixth season wraps up, I'm worried about the little world I permit myself to get sucked into on the "boob tube" each week!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    As a fellow Gilmore Girls addict who's old enough to feel guilty about the addiction, it is my understanding that the show has been renewed for next season on the new WB-UPN fusion network, whatever it's called. (I surfed in via blogmad, in case you were wondering).

    mwgrl5 said...

    Harriet, you are a goddess! Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate the reassurance. I'll be by your site sometime soon!