Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 12, 2006

    Growing Up...What it means to me


    In a previous post, Quarter Century, I mentioned the fact that I'm getting old (please see disclaimer in same posting). I also clearly stated that I have no intentions of growing up. Well, the truth is that for some time I've been trying to incorporate miniscule adult things into my life to make it a bit more fulfilling. I am not changing my mind, but continuing something I started working on well before my turn of the quarter century.

    One of these things is becoming a morning person. You ask anyone I know and they will tell you I love my sleep. But, when I do drag my lazy ass out of bed, I wonder about all the things I'm missing out on by being asleep so long. I think about how I could run in the morning. *laughing incessantly* (Okay, hold on while I dry my eyes and get rid of the side cramp.) Or, I could suck down a pot of luscious coffee. Or, I could spend some time quietly praying or meditating or both! No matter what, I think I should start working past the nights of 9+ hours of sleep.

    So, I'm starting a training program to become a morning person. I'm going to stair-step my way from 8/8:30 on work days (10 on days off) to 6:00 am every day. I'm going to then put 6 am into a holding pattern for at least 2 months to create a habit. Ideally I'll then be able to wake up comfortably at 6 am any morning and occasionally make a conscious effort to sleep in until 8 randomly.

    Now what will I do with my new found time? You tell me. What do you, or would you, do with your mornings before work, school, ect? Or, what should I do? Either way, please wish me luck as I know the odds, gods, and my body are against me!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    There are so many things that you could do...you could "get ready" (hair/makeup) for work everyday, pick up your house, do dishes, read a book, read the newspaper, watch a tv show, write in a journal, post a blog, or take a bike ride.
    ~sb

    mwgrl5 said...

    I know I sound crazy, but we all have out-landish dreams.