Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 18, 2006

    Expectations vs Reality

    For those of you who know me best or have even read previous posts, I had a big weekend planned. I traveled to Michigan to spend my birthday and the Easter holiday with my family. There were museum plans, dinner plans, and other activities to pack the weekend.

    Here is where the lesson in expectations versus reality comes in...I got the flu. I didn't get a little food-borne illness that wiped me out for 24 hours. I have had my ass kicked. I haven't enjoyed a meal since Saturday around 9am CST. Check the timestamp on the posting; it's afternoon on Tuesday.

    So, please bear with me. I know I haven't posted all weekend, but I may need a couple more days to get up and running. Thank you for your understanding.

    And remember, expect the worse and you'll never be disappointed!

    4 comments:

    Nicoel said...

    Sorry to hear about your illness. I too have recently been felled by the flu, so here's to a speedy recovery.

    Anonymous said...

    I am so sorry to hear you were ill, I do hope you feel much better now. Lots of good wishes coming your way, The Artist

    Anonymous said...

    I prefer expect the worst, hope for the best.

    mwgrl5 said...

    Thanks for the best wishes. I successfully infected 3 of 4 sisters and 1 of 2 parents. Apparently they've been spreading the love in mid-Michigan as it seems it may be a bit different than the strain seen by most up that way. Oh well...tis another season of illnesses.