Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 27, 2006

    Colleague Bob < 2 Weeks

    Okay, so I planned on signing on today and posting about a childhood anecdote that has stuck with me. Instead, my day is interrupted by the bane of my existence...my colleague we'll call Bob.

    Bob is gone May 5. He is insisting on dragging my other two teammates and I through the sludge of every annoyance and idiosyncrasies he has until that date. Today he is blessing me with his ability to read. I don't know if he loves hearing his voice or just making me want to physically rips my ears off and shove crumpled paper into the side of my head. I'll draw a picture for you...

    We have two laptops side by side. We can surf, read, and type comfortably without having to really interact. In fact, my colleague (we'll call Lynn) and I joke about how we can sit for hours together and never really talk. Bob sits at his computer while I quietly read, type, and so forth. I won't make eye contact or even grunt acknowledgement, but he'll continuously read articles and headlines (some work relevant, some not) to me all day long!!!! There have been times where I've looked up the email or article per his insistence, and he's read it to me over my shoulder!

    Honestly, I passed the sixth grade. I even graduated high school and college. Does he have to read to me?

    In the end my only solace is...8 days left. I'll try not to rant about everything else about him I'll never miss when he's gone.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    It sounds as though you have some pent up anger toward this Bob character. It begs to mention an old memory from my childhood...you always "hated" the boy in your class that you had the biggest crush on. Hmmmmm.
    ~Lois

    mwgrl5 said...

    Thank you, Lois, for your perspective. Please remember for the future that I do reserve the right to delete any comments that I just don't like! :)