Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 21, 2006

    Looming Deadline


    I've mentioned my "column" for my work newsletter. I don't think I summarized what it's about. Essentially I'm sifting through weekly stories from our internal reporting done every Friday. I choose my favorite three, write an intro, write some commentary, and call it an article.

    I know I've been making this out to be a bit more. I'm sorry if I misled you. Truth is it's harder than it sounds! I have another 25 stories coming in Monday. I've sifted through 50 and narrowed it down to nine. I have to pick the top three, write the article around the stories, and submit it to the "newsletter editor" Tuesday morning.

    I'm feeling the pressure but can't even get myself to write the into to the column or think of a column title. I'm counting on the pressure kicking me into writing mode just in the knick of time just like college - I hope... :)

    But, to prevent too much intensity I should brainstorm column title ideas. Titles are my worst when writing. They're up there with character names. It seems simple but not for me.

    How about other writers out there? What part of writing just seems to trip you up no matter how long you've been with pen in hand?

    *As a side note: any ideas on the column title? Thanks!

    No comments: