Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 17, 2007

    Good Day at Work

    Okay, I know there are a few of you out there who have finished a day at work and felt good about it. Now, I'm not claiming that you want to then spend all day every day there, just that you left feeling productive and satisfied. That's how I feel today. To be frank, it's been a long time since I've felt that way. The crazy thing is that I love my job.

    I love my job, but it's monotonous, easy, and sometimes downright boring. On top of that I have an emotional attachment to my job, and it hasn't always been the nicest. I've been rejected for promotions, was promoted but given other people's weak links to manage, had my location closed and had my whole team (including me) basically fired, was demoted to keep my job, and oh, passed up for another promotion I was more than qualified for. This is how I know I have an emotional attachment...I'm still there. :)

    All the same I've been tossed a couple bones, and I've gone searching for projects as well. Today was a spectacular day busy with activities, problems, emails, calls, shooting the shit, and just doing my job. I loved it. I smiled the whole way home. We'll ignore the fact that a lot of it was preparations for work to do tomorrow, my day off. :)

    Well, I just wanted everyone in the world to know that I had a great day at work. They tend to be infrequent occurrences, so I thought they deserved their dues. I hope everyone else's day was at least tolerable. Was it?

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I saved our companies website from collapse, yet no one even recognizes it.

    other than that small fraction of mobility, I've been bored.

    mwgrl5 said...

    Sorry to hear that. I suppose you're just not due yet for a good day at work. I'd count down about 300 days, then you'll be primed. :)