Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 03, 2006

    My First Promotion!!!

    Yea!!!

    I found out this week that I'm going to be the new Center Manager. The whole process began back in April, and it won't wrap up until mid-June. I'll officially be the Center Manager on June 19th. This is my first promotion ever!

    As with anything new, I'm a bit apprehensive. I'm nervous about the new responsibilities, new accountability for the center, my colleagues, and myself but mostly about moving from an "equal" with my co-workers to their supervisor. This is a completely new position replacing a less-authoritative position; I'm concerned about preconceived ideas of what the role is and coming off too much.

    Right now I'm trying to enjoy the promotion. I'll work with my supervisor and on my own to ease into this role to keep my colleagues trust and respect high.

    Anyone else experiencing changes at work that have them anxious positively or negatively? What do you do to deal with it while on the clock and off?

    2 comments:

    Manictastic said...

    Wow, great job with the promotion. Hope it won't get in your way of your blogging career.

    girl said...

    Congrats! I just got a promotion recently. If you're feeling stressed, just remind yourself that you earned your new position so there's nothing that you can't handle. It's all just learning curve. ;)