Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 10, 2006

    Integrity & Honesty

    Readers:

    The purpose of this blog is listed above. It is for me. It is to entertain me, allow me a resource to write thoughts, and even develop my writing skills.

    I partake in different online services to drive traffic to offer criticism, friendship, and variety. I do track the number of guests as you can see by the counter below. With this tracker I do gather additional information such as your browser, operating system, location, and IP address. I do not use it other than for personal interest.

    I am honest with myself and others on here and expect nothing less from you. With that in mind, I received an email claiming unbiased criticism. I initially responded explaining more details behind the stress. Then, I realized the person said they were from Madison, Wisconsin. I haven't had any visitors from within 50 miles of Madison. No matter what your opinion of me, deal with me only with integrity and honesty!

    If I know you or do not know you, it doesn't matter. Please respect my opinion as I would anyone else's on an online blog, forum, or chat. Please only write to me in comments or email for with integrity and honesty.

    For those of you interested, I have included the correspondence below. I can draw my own conclusions as to where this has come from as I can see the proximity of the recent blog hits to my family members. You can come to your own conclusions. In fact, what do you think? Let me know.

    Sincerely,

    mwgrl5

    To: mwgrl5 This is just my opinion, so take it lightly, reading your blog about the car from the grandparents..reading thru the lines, I'd say your comments are from a selfish,spoiled little girl. first of all, your grandparents didn't have to do anything for their grandchild, where's your parents? and as far as a relative fixing it first.. I didn't read anything if that person was being paid for fixing the car. I'm only 22 but if a friend or relaitve offer to help I wait for their open time to do it after all if you had to buy it,and fix it I bet you don't have the available cash ,considering the costs of repairs in Ill. I've been there. Poor student but getting by in Madison

    To: poor student


    I do appreciate your opinion. Unfortunately, reading through the lines got a bit more detailed than you needed to be. I am simply stressed out and tired of the runaround. There is a point when 2 cars are not enough for 3 people and 4 jobs.

    The car that died was one that my parents had given my sister. They have two cars for two parents working in two different towns raising 3 kids still at home with the youngest being 6 months. Additional $ and cars aren't lying around for the taking.

    The relative chosen to fix the car was my grandparents idea. My sister, who has the $ as do I if she didn't, was not given the option to take the car as is, to pay for it outright, or to have it fixed by a mechanic of choice either there or here. And, the $ for the repair was included in the selling price to the grandparents.

    So, when it comes to sounding selfish and spoiled, I'm sorry it came off that way. This was simply my release of frustration on un-kept time frames & promises, and what at times appeared to be manipulation of a desperate girl, my younger sister.

    Thank you for your opinion though. Please come back again as it's nice to having constructive criticism.


    Update:

    I realized I may have responded emotionally. Upon further correspondence "Poor Student" and I have come to understand eachothers' point of view better. I apologize to "Poor Student" for assuming the worst. Also, thank you to all for tolerating me lately. It's good to know there are people out there who understand the purpose of this blog and every other blog on the web today: the freedom of speech and press!


    To those interested I've included the additional correspondence below.


    mwgrl5


    To: mwgrl5


    Hi, got your note and read your posting,I'm sorry , guess you need to know what I'm about..I'm from Hisdale,IL 2nd year Med student, I'm Male and work parttime in the mall for a few bucks. Studying most of the time don't date much due to schedule and I'm pooped That's about it. Only reason I responded to your blog as it hit a nerve. I truly respect my Grandparents they have been my mental support, so sorry guess I overstepped my space.

    To: Poor Student


    Hey,
    I understand the hitting a nerve. After reading my post, I realized I too reacted with emotion. Thank you for your opinion though. I do always enjoy a different point of view. In another situation I would like to think you would see that I too respect my grandparents deeply. I have been very defensive for my little sister since we've started living together again. Thank you again for your thoughts. And, thank you for your understanding of the depth of what has become a family drama.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Anonymous said...

    You interest me, I am glad to wish you happiness!

    Peace and Love.

    Dominic Ebacher
    ebacherdom.blogspot.com