Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 23, 2005

    Topic Suggestion #2 - Most Influential Person

    For today's rant I've gone back to Anonomous's suggestions and plucked out number two. Who is the most influential person in my life? That's a complex question. Initially in life it's your parents. Then, in adolesence it's your friends or those you admire. Next is adulthood. Here you would expect an educated person to either choose a historical person or literary figure or a prestigious individual in a person's line of work. Or, maybe they go back to one or both of the parents, recognizing the time and patience that went into molding you into a productive, successful, self-relient individual.

    I'm not purposely going against the grain or wallowing in adolescent imiturity, but I would have to say my best friend and roommate, S. Truth is, I live with the girl. 33-50% she decides what we eat, genre-wise at least. If I'm not sure on an outfit, I say "Hey S, which one to do you like blue or red?" If something in a movie was controversial, usually she's in the livingroom or the theater with me and I say, "Hey S, what are your views on that? Why?"

    It's not that she is just influetial out of convinience either. S is educated and grew up in a similar family environment, yet we are so different in our views about family, friends, work, religion, ect. And at the same time, I know we have similar morals and values, so I know that her perspective is viable in my situations in life. When you have someone you respect and charish living across the hall from you, it's hard for them not to affect your daily life and become a major influence in your life and decisions. In fact, she'll probably decide the next time I have pizza. I should call her about that...

    No comments: