Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, October 15, 2011

    Footprints

    When I was in high school, I was obsessed with the poem, "Footprints."  I still love the idea of the poem, but its meaning was deeper than the story of the poem.  Something about the poem and the title constantly reminded me of the footprints people were leaving on my life.  At that point in my life I had moved quite a bit, and something inside me told me I'd be moving more.

    That has held true.

    Somehow Facebook helps and, yet, I don't know that it does.  Through Facebook I am able to "stalk" those who left deep and permanent footprints on my life.  These are people that have influenced my personality to the point that I would be a completely different person if it weren't for them.  Yet, Facebook just reminds me of the distance...physical, emotional, time and space from who I carry with me on my heart.  To call someone up today to thank them would probably really freak them out.  To call them up and mention you saw they're having a bad day and you'd like to be there for them in a way they were for you ten plus years ago...that'd probably freak them out.  I also get the impulse to congratulate them; to tell them how happy it makes me that they found happiness in something big or small....that could probably freak them out too.

    So, if you're reading this and you have known me at some point in time, please know this....thank you.  I am who I am because of who you were to me.  I still hold you dear.  And, if you're ever in the area, please look me up.  I would love to catch up over coffee, pizza, beer or wine. :)

    Your footprints on me remain.

    3 comments:

    Amazing Love said...

    Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    bell and ross replica watches

    Unknown said...

    nice blog,good post

    travels in coimbatore to chennai

    Vietnam Adventure Tour said...

    This is one of the best blogs I love to read. It has sense. It touched me deeply. Keep it up!