Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 22, 2006

    A Second Blog?

    If you have more than one blog, please continue reading...

    I'm thinking about starting a second blog. But, I don't know if I have the time, energy, or "skill" to keep up successfully with two. I wouldn't want to compromise my original blog for another. Here is where I pose the questions:

    • Do you have more than one blog that you successfully keep updated?
    • If so, how many?
    • Do you make all of the postings on all of them or do you have multiple contributors?
    • Do you have any words of wisdom regarding multiple blogs? thoughts? lessons learned?
    Thank you to anyone who contributes comments on this posting. I have already realized the vast amount of knowledge, experience, and differences amongst bloggers out in the blogosphere. Hopefully some of you can help guide me on this decision.

    5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    It could be a doozy. But of course it could be done. I've seen a lot of people actually maintain multiple blogs. (5-6) But I also heard some people complaining having about multiple blogs cause after awhile you'll probably too lazy to update all of them. But if it's just two... you can do it. Go for it!

    Having multiple blogs could be advantageous. You'll have different readers for different blogs. But yeah the downside is the update. You'll have to jump from site to site. Probably you'll lose interest in some of the blogs later on.

    I just recently launched a new blog with my partner. So there are two contributors. That's cool though. Something different.

    Btw if you're browsing mine they're not multiple blogs lol. They're cleverly disguised as multiple. I made my own blog engine :D I maintained all of them under 1 admin control panel.

    My experience before I wrote the blog engine I had like 3 blogs on different sites. I closed all of them and combined the entries into one. Too bothersome for me to maintain 3.

    Rosemary said...

    I write on two blogs, but the topics are different, and I think that's the key to it. I don't know how people keep 5 or 6 going, but I've seen some who do.

    Updating 2 is not that hard. Go for it!

    Nicoel said...

    I have two as well, the second one gets updated less frequently, but it's a completely different topic.

    Two's not totally unmanageable

    Tracy S said...

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    I know several people that keep up with more then one blog. I have tried it and personally it was just too much for me. I sometimes feel like I barely have time for my one. With you being able to get online at work you just may be able to pull it off though.

    I can't at work :( ..

    mwgrl5 said...

    thanks for all the info...i probably will start a second blog.

    when? i don't know. but, it will be here someday!