Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 31, 2006

    Blogging Idea...hmm...

    Today while chatting on BlogMad, a buddy of mine recommended I write about him for my posting today. After joking around with everyone for a while, I realized that wouldn't be a bad idea. The question is...what do you think?

    I can't make any promises regarding frequency, but what do you think about a "profile/biography" of BlogMad users every so often? I was even thinking of adding a sidebar listing of who's been "profiled" and who's up and coming.

    Is this something that you, the reader, is interested in?

    If this is a go, it's 1 - Manic, 2 - Lydia (her 2nd blog), and 3 - Smash...if they are all really interested...

    9 comments:

    Manictastic said...

    I think it's a great idea, but will one post about this Manic caracter be enough? He seems so complex and creative. I think you shoul at least spend an entire month talking about him.

    mwgrl5 said...

    Thanks for the recommendation, Manic. I think some others should put in some opinions too! :)

    Anonymous said...

    I think it is a great idea. I am already interested in this Manic character--but i don't think I am quite interested enough to want a whole month of profiles--maybe I will change my mind though!
    ~SB

    Anonymous said...

    you oughta profile the blogmad admins!

    mwgrl5 said...

    If I did this, I'd profile any BlogMad user that wanted to be, admin or not!

    Anonymous said...

    Interesting blog.

    Regards,
    Jason

    girl said...

    Interesting idea. :)

    How would you profile people that you only know through BlogMad? Do you mean you'd compile personality traits culled from what they write on their blogs?

    mwgrl5 said...

    Shirley, good question! I'm hoping to possibly exchange a couple emails/messages to fill in any holes I can't decipher from the user's blog, blog profile, or BlogMad profile. Do you have any suggestions about what you'd like to know about other users? Or, maybe even some fun facts that could peak your interest?

    girl said...

    Hmm, I'm not sure. The thing I like about blogs is the abstract way people reveal themselves. You could read some people's blogs & know all about their daily routines. And you could read another blog & only know their sense of humor.

    Would you be interested in tackling it like a creative writing project? Try to write about each new person in his/her personal style? Like a parody?