Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 06, 2006

    Computers, Internet, and Hair Loss

    Initially when I started this blog is was not whole-heartedly. Then, I made some posts with pictures of my baby sister's first couple weeks and baptism; I forwarded the link to family and friends to view this beautiful baby. It was then that I got the taste for traffic. Suddenly blogging had a purpose if people would see it, read it, and comment.

    Now I was going through this transition from "blogging is pointless" to "oh, blogging could be very interesting." I wanted to draw traffic. I wanted to read other blogs. I started reading blogs, looking at their layouts, browsing forums talking about templates and html. I even went so far as to take an online html tutorial.

    Once I thought I had a decent grasp for everything I started tweaking. I would change a color, add a link, make a button, and in the end I had a personalized template that just didn't seem clean to me.

    Per a number of recommendations I tried utilizing Psycho! Template Generator. Leave it to SBC to not allow the page to load at work. So, I ran the laptop over to Apple and stole their WiFi long enough to load the page. I spent hours working on creating a personalized but clean template. At the end of the day, I just had the sidebars to put in my links and stuff. So, I saved the work, made a backup file in Notebook, and closed up shop.

    Today it won't work. I shuffled over to the Apple Store. I loaded the page and then tried loading my saved work. It didn't work. I'm trying to not be frustrated. I've been pulling out my hair over computers, html, blogging, columns and colors, and now this website, and all I have to show for it is this incessant pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades.

    Tonight I'm going home, making a pot of coffee, and working on Psycho! until I have a completed template. I warned Leng that I may not be 100% tomorrow, but I'm getting this done. Next week I take on NRG26's template. I'm guessing that will go as smoothly considering I'll have to call or email her every time I don't know what color or font she wants.

    *SIGH*

    Okay, I'm done venting. Again, please bear with me through the construction. My goal is to be done by Monday. Come back and look!

    No comments: