Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 13, 2006

    Starbucks Wronged Me!

    I love coffee. Actually, I love Coca-Cola too which leads me to believe that what I really love is caffeine. But, then I think about all the different drinks like tea and Pepsi that I don't like, and I think that could be wrong.

    I digressed. I love coffee. I really love Caribou Coffee! If I had a choice, I would always choose Caribou. But, I don't have one near where I work. In fact, there is a Starbucks in the same building as my work. So, out of my deep love and desire for coffee (and the fact that my sister works at Starbucks), I often reside myself to buying it - a lot!

    But today! Today, I wandered over to the Starbucks stand. My eyes were barely open, my mind was still contemplating how I backed out of the driveway let alone drove to work, my legs were aching for the coffee and considering just letting me fall to the ground, and my mouth was dry like sandpaper waiting for the bold minty mocha.

    Long story short: the espresso machine was down; the lame excuse included something about water pressure. Also, due to today's work situation, I won't be able to mosie over there again until almost 1! Hopefully I'll be able to keep my deprived body at a somewhat functioning level until then.

    Wish me luck!

    Oh, do you have a favorite coffee place?

    Update:

    I got my coffee at 1:15pm. Needless to say apparently the problem this morning was that someone had turned off the water to the espresso machine. A person on a later shift came in, turned the knob, and freed the water. Unfortunately, I have a permanent scowl on my face from my eyebrows being too tired to sit-up earlier!

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    How pathetic. No wonder Starbucks is so rich. They make you Americans slaves to coffee, then saturate the nation, preventing you from finding other sources of coffee.

    mwgrl5 said...

    Leon,

    Thank you for your concern! After today's wretched experience, I will try harder to brew coffee at home or in emergency situations seek out coffee elsewhere, even if it is McDonald's upstairs. :(

    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose though, to jump from Starbucks to McDonalds? I might as well call up Disney and ask them to mail me a cup!

    < sigh >