Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 19, 2006

    Mini Vacation with Fam

    I survived a long weekend with my parents and sisters. We had so much fun. The highs were the meals, the laughs, and the non-stop excitement at the house, the waterpark, and Chicago. The lows were the King Tut exhibit, the sunburns, and Susan's grandma's health problems.

    I have pics but they were taken on a 35mm, so I'll need time to develop and get them put onto cd. I love the ability to do that at Wolf Camera!

    My parents, Christine, Sami, and Isabella rolled in mid-afternoon on Thursday. They left early afternoon on Sunday. It seemed like we never stopped even when we watched three movies in a row on Saturday! :)

    We ate at Melting Pot and had just the cheese and chocolate on Thursday night. Friday we spent time at the Field Museum, saw the disappointing King Tut exhibit, wandered around Millennium Park and Michigan Ave, and ate lunch at Grand Lux Cafe. Friday night wrapped up with "Walk the Line." Saturday I had to work the morning and Michelle had to work the evening, so the highlight was a trip to the local park district waterpark. Dad and Isabella stayed home for naptime. The park was fun, but the sun did it's worst to those of us who refused sunblock. That night we watched "Ghost Ship," "Blood Work," and "My Fellow Americans." Then, on Sunday the family packed up while Michelle went to work, and we all met up for brunch at The Egg Basket before they hit the road.

    As I mentioned before, I have pics that I'll post sporadically for the next week or two. It was a great vacation considering I never left home. I can't wait until they spend a long weekend again! Who would have thought someone would say that about their parents and their little sisters.

    What are you doing for vacation this year?

    No comments: