Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 13, 2007

    Seattle, WA - Home for the Week

    I'd love to tell you I'm here for a hot interview to add income back to my wilting bank accounts. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I'm here for loyalty and friendship. And, despite the fact that I've lived in Chicago for 7 years or so, this is not a trip for the Mob. :) A manager that I deeply respect asked me to help out at the center in Lynnwood for the week as they are very short-staffed. I can't tell Hilary no. She's the best, and so I'm here back in a glass box.

    Other than all the hassle that goes with travel - which is always unavoidable - I'm having a great time. The hotel staff recommended a great place for dinner last night, and today my colleague gave the recommendation to just drive west. As simple as that seems, it was an awesome suggestion.

    Last night's dinner was at a place called "The Rock." According to their menu, they have 6 locations in Washington. My geographical knowledge of the state is limited, so as to the other locations in relation to Seattle, I don't know.


    Gotta love a place with Steve Miller on their menu


    My micro-brew choice of the night


    Team spirit rules here

    Then today I took Malik's suggestion and simply drove west. The people here in Seattle and the surrounding areas have it all figured out. They have the best of both worlds - amazing coastal views and incredible mountain scenery. To say it's majestic may be an understatement.

    While getting myself lost I found a cafe, Tazza Bella. First off, it was adorable. The decor was eclectic and pulled off extremely well. Also, they believe in child labor and the woman's daughter was running the cash register. Talk about quality customer service!


    Outside view


    Secondary Sign - In case your just hankering for espresso


    I like the pretty triangle candle :)


    Mmm...the English Muffet...loved the spinach feta spread

    I'll be sure to keep you posted on everything else I do here. I'm definitely taking lots of photos. I'm hoping to actually get into Seattle for a while and experience it. It seems every city has it's own vibe, and I'm interested in what Seattle's is. Then again, maybe I can just pretend I'm part of Grey's Anatomy.

    Here are some of the coastline shots:


    No comments: