Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 22, 2006

    Corporate Responsibility (Or the lack there of)

    Why is there no commitment by Corporate America? Where is there honesty and integrity. Why do so many people, companies, departments refuse to "remember" when they make a commitment?

    Twice in the last three months I've experienced an opportunity where I am courteous enough to clarify that something is possible before following through, both times it involved my company and another major corporation in the US, Sprint and Nokia. Both times I am told to yes and both times when I want to act on the arrangement I'm told no! Why? Why confirm something if you're just going to go back on it? And, why doesn't anyone support me?

    Both times my "supervisor" could have stepped up to the plate to support the situation and both times he's in "a holding pattern." I'm to handle it on my own to prevent him from getting what he wants even though it's his job to go between me and our district manager.

    Someone explain to me why the best way to handle things is to not ask questions, to not follow rules, to just do whatever the hell you want and then act ignorant when your actions are questioned, if Corporate America will take the time to question the peon?!?!?

    No comments: