Microblog Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 14, 2007

    America's Problems

    Just a thought...have you traveled abroad? If so, did you speak the native language of every country you went to?

    Or what about a foreign exchange? You lived there for a while, and you probably picked up the language a bit being submerged in it. But, did you speak it all the time?

    Or better yet, ever move to another country for a while? Maybe you had some friends or family visit you while you were there. I'm guess while taking them out to pick up some groceries or seeing the sights you spoke your native language.

    There is a problem in the United States. Scratch that...there are a lot of problems. One of them is not what language people are talking. Another non-problem, the traditional cultural and/or religious garb people are wearing. Now, while I respect the freedom of speech we Americans wear on our sleeve, I don't understand the need to put people down for stupid reasons. Focus on fixing the real problems and not creating petty ones.

    I'm sure you have thoughts to share. What are they?

    Note: I got the info for this post from a forwarded email from a family member. Yes, it did hit a nerve; but this is not a personal attack on any individuals including that family member. We all have opinions, and they often differ. This is just one, but I know we agree on many others. :)

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    I wholeheartedly agree, and if you leave Chicago you will miss it. I do!